This site will be the homebase for everything Crow Universe-related. Updates on current novel progress, short stories, and various other things will be posted here.
There's an earlier post that talks about the genesis of the Crow Universe and another describing the timeline, but neither really describe what it is. The Crow Universe is the backdrop for my sci-fi related stories, and is based on our own. Some liberties have been taken of course, and I'm sure I'm bending the laws of physics in various places. When I can, I'll be using actual galactic maps and stellar bodies in my writing.
The majority of the action will be occurring roughly 260 years in the future. Our descendants are now just another race in a sea of other galactic races, though as always, we've aspired to become a "superpower" and have done a pretty good job doing so.
The majority of the galaxy is governed by the Confederacy of Galactic Nations (known as "the Confederacy" and "Cogana" for short). The nation governed by Earth is called the Allied Terran Nations (Altena). [Note: using the first syllable of each word to create an acronym is a common practice in the Confederacy and comes up quite often. Often other organizations will adopt this practice, such as the anarchic Red Shroud Congregation (Reshco).] Two of the nations of Altena are the Titian Archipelago and the Ducottii empire. Details on both will be coming up in future installments.
I've already begun posting various informational posts on the CU, and they can be accessed through Labels (to the right of the post body). Once I reach a larger number of posts, I'll provide separate links for everything so they can be found quickly. Eventually I plan on moving to my own website, but for now this will work.
Crow Universe
This site will be the homebase for everything Crow Universe related.
Updates on current novel progress, short stories, and various other things will be posted here.
If you came here through a search, this site has NOTHING to do with the movie, The Crow.
Updates on current novel progress, short stories, and various other things will be posted here.
If you came here through a search, this site has NOTHING to do with the movie, The Crow.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment